Followers

Wednesday 6 May 2009

Good news

Hello my friends,how good do I feel?.....

Today I had to go for the results of my PET scan that I had on April 14th,the scan is where they feed you nuclear isotope on glucose via intravenous drip,and after allowing it to flood the body,they take thousands of 3D pictures of the whole body from neck to feet,the idea is,that cancer cells gorge themselves on the glucose and take more isotope before ordinary cells have chance to feed,therefore,when scan is taken,any clusters of angry cells,show up like hot spots giving a 3D image of any new growth,anywhere in the body.
The consultant told me,there was no sign of new growth and he was delighted at my progress.
He wanted new X Rays today as a comparison,and wants to see me in 12 weeks,he told me he's pleased with my attitude and recovery rates and said he was not sure what I was doing but keep it up.

Its not only about my attitude and you all know it... its the love and prayers and thoughts received from you all on a regular basis of which I cannot thank you all enough.

My life has literally been in your hands,the hands you all held together in prayer,I love you all and thank you from the bottom of my damaged heart.

All I can do is continue the battle which we have all been part of,and keep our faith.
I still have my Oncologist appointment on May 22nd,I hope SHE is as pleased.

Tarra for now as I am having difficulty seeing the screen...love you all.
Paul
xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Many Congratulations Paul - Well done.
May the future be Happy & Bright for you.
Hils x

Eve said...

Really pleased to hear your news Paul You will soon be walking your Beloved Hills again All the best for the future
Eve