Followers

Thursday 15 October 2009

George's birthday





October the 13th would have been George's 38th birthday,it was a very emotional day,I went through to Hull to visit his grave,to take a carving of an Eagle in wood,Eagles were Georges favourite birds.
It was the first time I had visited his grave since his funeral 13th July,the soil is settling well and grass seed has been sown,it was wonderful to see paw prints of foxes on the soft soil,he would have been thrilled to know,wildlife had visited so closely.
The grave will look better when his headstone is erected in January,the time alloted by the parks and cemeteries department in Hull.
The pictures show his grave next to his nannas,Mary Agnes Stork (nee MacSporran,the purse holders to the MacDonald clan)I am really pleased I bought the ajoining grave as our family plot,side by side he is not alone,he is also 4 rows exactly up from his cousin Lee,and my late sister Carol,his aunt.
The support of my friends really helped me that day,as they do on so many occasions,God bless you all.
Paul
xx

No comments: