Followers

Thursday 3 July 2008

Radiotherapy..... A poem











A few pictures of my treatment room and Linear Accelerator machine,they allowed me a few pics,if you look closely,you might see a few of the green lasers used for lining up the machine,they lock on to the little green dots(lights) on the machine that enable the computers to control the machine as it slowly moves in silent powerful dance around my body,in a graceful,curing ballet.
When the machine is switched on,and I am the only one in the unprotected part of the room,lasers are criss crossing everywhere from ceilings walls and floors....





RADIOTHERAPY

The
donut ,of surgical steel,how your probing eye sees why I feel,
Taking
pictures of the hidden depths,with accuracy of vapoured breaths,
Finding
clusters,stains and strife,alerting them to save my life,
I lie and watch your
ballet dance,around my body's,wondered trance,
And now I lay,in
laser lines,as space age knowledge re defines,
The way my body
ought to be,evicts the alien from me,
I lie there
still,as measured dots,as lines are drawn between what nots,
Looking up at lime green
lasers,of accuracy like star wars phasers,
And
millimeters marked they said,the numbers resting in my head,
Head and shoulders,in a groove,in silence promise not to move,
I switch my thoughts from pain and sorrow till I hear them......see you Paul ....tomorrow.

xPx

No comments: