Followers

Friday 9 May 2008

Friday May 9th update

Hello everyone,
Just having a cup of tea,1730 and been out since 0755 this morning,I went to see the Chest surgeon Mr Milton.

What a nice guy,put me right at ease...he explained he was not prepared to take the risk on me having a poor quality of life if he removed the left lung,it would mean only half a lung supporting me.
He agreed I look fit enough to operate on,and that I looked after myself with a healthy life,so...he wanted lots of tests done,he knows I had them all done at another hospital,but he has confidence in his own team,own equipment,own interpretations of readings,so I went through 9 tests in 5 departments.

He told me,in a few weeks time,he wants me to do them all again,and...if hes happy,and his team are happy,hes going to try to remove the left lung and 'nip' off the artery....if I agree.


He said surgery today is not as barbaric as what I had on my right lung in 1980,and apart from that...hes a better surgeon then the late K.K.Nair who performed my right thoracic,with lots of post op problems such as drain pipes ripped on on stretcher hook ups,inserting another drain only to find it was a catheter and they should have not even BEEN on a thoracic ward,,,, still it was fun at the time watching a student nurse faint onto the foot of my bed and be carried out in the fresh air.

I have so many stories....if only you all knew.

Anyway....for obvious reasons,I am not going to state the dates on here of possible surgery,or the hospital I will be admitted to...suffice that my very close friends know in person not from reading my blog.

I feel more positive...thank you all for the thoughts,emails,angel feathers,angels,crystals,cards etc etc etc,,,it warms me so much and I love you all..........................


I also asked my surgeon...did you choose surgery cos you wanted to heal people,or for the money....he said theres no money in thoracic surgery....he got hooked as a lad watching Quincy on telly....but decided it would be nicer operating on living people not forensic cadavers....I said thats all I wanted to know.......he said dont fret...Im going to save your life.....I smiled...shook his hand and said.....see thee......

No comments: